Practicum Blog 3-PSDA

 I do not have a formal PSDA because I started my placement so recently but I will do an informal self-assessment for the purpose of this post. 

I would say one of my biggest strengths in the classroom is cultivating relationships with students. I love getting to know the students I'm working with. I ask a lot of questions, I try to make them feel like I really care about them as people and I'm not just there to make them do things. 

An area of growth that I really need to work on is thinking outside the box, being flexible, and able to change my plan when needed. Sometimes the plan needs to change based on the student's moods or based on the space available to us that day or even the weather is a factor in teaching a PE class especially during Covid. We are required to be outside at all times during PE right now. I need to be more flexible and ready to change my plan based on the space we are using that day. It is fairly consistent but as the weather gets colder and rainier it may be harder and harder to be outside. Sometimes I can get ridged and very nervous when my plan has to change. I will be working on this a lot this semester as changing plans I just a part of teaching!

Goals for improvement are to have more fun teaching! I know I have the content knowledge in my head to run a successful lesson. I want this semester to be focused on enjoying what I'm doing while learning strategies to get better. Taking a deep breath and realizing I chose this career for a reason is important. I want the students to have fun and for that to happen I need to have more fun while being professional too!



Comments